[SciPy-dev] not *more* lists!

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Sun Jan 8 11:37:03 EST 2006

Travis Oliphant wrote:

>This is the way I see it.
>
>1) There is a need for list separation between NumPy and SciPy (there
>are enough people not interested in full SciPy who want to be able to
>discuss NumPy).
>
>2) I'd like to keep Numeric / Numarray traffic on the list they are on now.

Why not merge the numpy-user and numpy-discussion lists?  This would be
another step towards unifying the Numeric/numarray/numpy communities.
Then the 'numpy-discussions' name would be an assert, rather than an
unfortunate by-product of a bygone era.  The traffic on
numpy-discussions is quite light, and some of it is already about
comparisons and distinctions between the three packages.  I doubt many
of the current numpy-discussions subscribers would mind if the
discussion gradually became more focused on numpy, especially since
Numeric is now dead and, well, the list *is* called numpy-discussion ;)

-- Ed