[SciPy-dev] SciPy --> NumPy transition complete

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jan 5 02:17:31 EST 2006

The scipy -> numpy transition is complete.

I've factored out the code that uses dual numpy/scipy calls to a
separate module:  numpy.dual.

This module must be imported by users who want to support numpy but use
the scipy calls when available.   This fixes the circular import problem
in numpy/scipy

Calls availabe are

 >>> import numpy.dual
 >>> print filter(lambda x: x[0] != '_', dir(numpy.dual))

['cholesky', 'det', 'eig', 'eigvals', 'fft', 'fft2', 'fftn', 'ifft',
'ifft2', 'ifftn', 'inv', 'lstsq', 'pinv', 'solve', 'svd']

Please grab the new code base and play with it...  I'd like to make a
release of numpy tomorrow....

-Travis