[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Renaming scipy_core: back to square 1]

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 4 00:20:33 EST 2006

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> If you want more along "snake" in another language:
>
>  nag

Like in 'Numerical Algorithms Group' (http://www.nag.co.uk) ?  Talk about
asking for a lawsuit :)

>  naga

I actually like it, but in its more English 'naja' form
(http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0007527.html).
It's also an excellent ice axe, which has to count for something :)

The cobra certainly qualifies for a fast and mean snake, which rings nice to
me with the python theme ("pythons are good, but slow killers: when you need
the job done fast, get the naja out")

Man, we need to hire one of those name marketing companies... We suck at this.

Cheers,