[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core: winner is *numerix*

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jan 3 18:25:01 EST 2006

Philip Austin wrote:

>Gary Ruben writes:
> > I don't know what trademark problems they're referring to, but you might
> > have to continue looking for a different name.
>
>This may be what they're talking about:
>
>http://www.numerix-dsp.com

There is also a

http://www.numerix.com

Will this be a problem?  The *official* name will be Numerix Python:
python-numerix package so I don't see the problem.

Has the name numerix been trademarked?  How is that possible if multiple
people are already using it?   This needs to be settled quickly.   I
don't want to spend hours changing the name only to have to change it to
something else...

-Travis