[SciPy-dev] poll for renaming scipy_core online

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 2 16:42:28 EST 2006

Andrew Straw wrote:
> To keep tallying easy, I've put up a poll at the new wiki:
>
> http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/RenamingCore
>
> I didn't list all the wonderful names proposed, since I figured if they
> were liked enough, someone would add them. Although I do think if Travis
> wants to adopt the new(?) middle name of "Array", we should pay any
> legal fees he incurs. :)
>
> Now, hopefully we won't have any election fraud here...

Notes:

- scipy_core is NOT the current name, it's 'scipy'.  We're defining "name" as
"what goes after the import keyword in the code", not the lingo.  So the 'no
change' case would be 'scipy'.  See, even you get confused, so we HAVE to
change it :)

- numerix is a proposed name for the whole package, not for the array core.  I
think for the array core, ndarray is so far leading (though other options have
been proposed).

Cheers,