[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core ???

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sun Jan 1 23:18:27 EST 2006

    Travis> The name changes are the worst, but I'm willing to do them
    Travis> (in matplotlib CVS as well).  It's time to speak up about
    Travis> names ore forever hold your peace :-)

How about the following crazy (and not so crazy) alternatives (humor
me, please):

 s (too short?), sc (short for scipy_core), score, cores, sarray,
 sarr, sar, scar, sciray, siray, travis, toarr (Travis Oliphant's
 Array), toa, tao (Travis "Array" Oliphant), art (Array Travis), arto,
 star.

I'd better stop before someone thinks I've been smoking funny things.

Somehow scicore sounds unimaginative and too serious.

cheers,
prabhu