[SciPy-dev] Renaming scipy_core ???

Fonnesbeck, Chris Chris.Fonnesbeck at MyFWC.com
Sun Jan 1 18:37:57 EST 2006

On 1/1/06 6:32 PM, "Charles R Harris" <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would rather replace sci by numpy and then use ndarray in the package. Sci
> doesn't tell me the these are array utilities. Neither does numpy, really, but
> it has a history...

If we want an informative name, how about "arrayutils"?

I still like "numpy" though, both because of the connection to the packages
it is replacing, and because it matches the form of "scipy"

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia