[SciPy-dev] Conferences

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:47:44 EST 2006

Steven H. Rogers wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be any conference information on the new MorinMoin
> based web site.
>
> Are there plans for SciPy06?

We plan to have one certainly, but we haven't decided on details, yet.

> It would be nice to have conference page with an announcement for the
> next conference and links to the Plone pages for previous
> conferences/workshops.  The conferences are helpful for promoting SciPy
> and the presentations have a lot of useful material.  This information
> should be easy to find.
>
> I couldn't find anything on the new site and will start such a page if
> it doesn't already exist.  I suppose it should go in the Developer Zone
> until it's reasonably polished?

I think a really good target for volunteer effort would be to migrate the old
conference pages over to the new Wiki. When we've made some decisions about
dates and such, we will issue a real Call For Papers and write the page for SciPy06.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter