[SciPy-dev] A wiki question on user pages

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Feb 11 14:25:11 EST 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make a few broad categories on
the wiki, so that all the WikiNames aren't purely top-level.  In particular,
user pages seem like a good candidate for a users/ directory to exist.  So
far, I'm aware of these two (there may be more)

http://scipy.org/ArndBaecker
http://scipy.org/PearuPeterson

It might be nicer to have them under

http://scipy.org/users/ArndBaecker
http://scipy.org/users/PearuPeterson

no?  This would also make it easier to have a users/Index page listing all
existing user pages (there's probably a Moin macro that can do that
automatically).

For Trac wikis I know this kind of organization is possible, it may also be
the case for Moin.

I'm not advocating a 12-levels-deep structure, but at least a few categories like

users/
doc/
cookbook/

might help keep the wiki sanely organized for the long run.  Thoughts?