[SciPy-dev] plans for stats.py?

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Feb 3 13:03:36 EST 2006

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> If people complain, then
>> they should know how to properly document it or fix it.
>

> OK, since I complained, I will try to fix it. Rather than tinker with
> the extant code, however, I will work from scratch.
>
> By the way, I notice lots .lyx code in certain modules in scipy. Is
> this a "scipy standard" for documentation? If so, I am wondering why
> lyx rather than just plain LaTeX?

Which modules are these?  There are .lyx files in the distribution, but
there shouldn't be .lyx "code" in the modules themselves as far as I know.

The .lyx files in the directories are there for documentation.  And yes,
Lyx is a standard for SciPy Documentation.

The reason is that there are LyX editors that make it easier to write
LyX files then pure LaTeX.  These viewers are available for popular
platforms.

See http://www.lyx.org.

-Travis