[SciPy-dev] undefined symbol errors in scipy svn

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at trichech.us
Fri Feb 3 11:13:26 EST 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> I don't see this with the latest numpy and scipy. OS X 10.4, gcc
> 3.3, g77 3.4.
> The arguments you are missing are "-undefined dynamic_lookup -
> bundle". Look at
> line 67 of numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py for where it ought to
> be set.

Thanks Robert,

It seems the problem came when I was trying to do a static build (I
assume I am doing this right):

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib python setup.py build

If I remove the LDFLAGS variable from the call, it builds fine.

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia