[SciPy-dev] an atttempt at sandbox/xplt

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Feb 1 06:08:28 EST 2006

Hi,

I had a try to get get sandbox/xplt working.
Attached is a diff how far I got.

Compiling works, but I got the directory structure wrong
(I essentially understand nothing about scipy distutils, so
this is not surprising ;-).
Presently stuff gets installed into
  scipy/xplt/sandbox                  (fine sofar)
and
  scipy/xplt/sandbox/Lib/sandbox/xplt    (contains *.c, *.h, *.gp, *.gs)
  scipy/xplt/sandbox/scipy/sandbox/xplt  (contains gistC.so)

According to the old scipy diretory structure
gistC.so should directly end up in scipy/xplt/
and the only directory in scipy/xplt should
be gistdata/ containing *.gs and *.gp files.

Before I start digging further, does an expert see
straight away what has to be done to correct the above?

Best, Arnd