[SciPy-dev] Period table?

Tim Leslie tim.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 18:05:32 EST 2006

On 12/22/06, Adam Curtis <adamadamadamamiadam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Register for the www.scipy.org wiki and make a page describing your code.
> > Add it to the page as an attachment. When we've seen the code and hashed
> > out the design a little bit, then we'll talk about putting it in the
> > Subversion repository.
>
> Alright... the page is up on the wiki.
>
> Link: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/wiki/PeriodicTable

Thanks for putting that up Adam. It all looks pretty good so far, but
the following caught my eye:

* All temperatures should be in Celsius. Conversions will be performed
by methods (or a package in scipy, if scipy has a unit conversion
system)

Would it not be better to work in units of Kelvin? In my experience
Kelvin is used more often than Celcius in scientific work. What do
others think?

Cheers,

Tim