[SciPy-dev] [Docutils-users] Fwd: [sage-devel] numpy in SAGE, etc.

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:53:09 EST 2006

Thanks Jens,

For those who would like to try it out, here is the patch made on a recent
svn checkout of docutils.
The patch adds the latex-math role and directive to docutils. Using it, you
should be able to run epydoc and
generate pdf output from the docstrings of any python module (correctly
formated, that is). The html output doesn't work very well for me, but that
may be due to my browser not supporting MathML fonts.

The next step would be to add support for the :input:, :ouput:, :example:
and :see also: tags. It shouldn't be difficult, but I'll leave that to
someone else : )

To see it in action, try

epydoc --pdf epytest.py

Cheers,