[SciPy-dev] Period table?

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Sun Dec 17 18:36:09 EST 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 6:20 pm, Adam Curtis wrote:
> Well.. I can definetely sketch up a bit of code to bring the idea to life,
> but I'll need some help with the specifics.
>
> How would you quickly find the actual information to place in the table?
> I'm a bit too lazy to look up each element and manually hard-code in the
> data myself.

There might be something useful here:

http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/contents.html

Here is some very useful information concerning X-ray spectroscopy
calculations:

http://www.cstl.nist.gov/acd/839.01/xrfdownload.html

I have a set of python tools for loading the database assembled by W.T. Elam,
but I haven't written the code for X-ray fluorescence calculations yet.

Darren

--
Darren S. Dale, Ph.D.
dd55 at cornell.edu