[SciPy-dev] time series implementation approach

Matt Knox mattknox_ca at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 16 10:34:40 EST 2006

>  I haven't seen anyone raise this issue so I will. Is it really
>  necessary to depend on mx.DateTime, couldn't you make do with the
>  datetime module? I know that there are more functionallity available
>  in mx.DateTime, but it's allways nice to stick with the standard
>  library and avoid a dependency on yet-another-library.
>
> Just a thought....
>
> Otto

If someone showed me a way to re-write the code using the standard datetime module, I would definitely be open to that. I think it would be pretty tough though.  Particularly with the C code, the mx datetime module provides a nice c api which the standard datetime module does not appear to match. So I suspect the code would become a fair bit more complicated because a lot of the functionality that comes with the mx datetime module would have to be rebuilt from scratch.

If someone feels motivated to do that though, I'd love to see it.

- Matt