[SciPy-dev] rst2mathml

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:46:45 EST 2006

David Huard wrote:

> I don't know anything about Rest either, but I think that the setup script
> fetches another version of rst2latex. If you use the version in the
> sandbox,  rst2latexmath.py, it should work.
>
> By the way, it's pretty neat. Kudos to the devs.
>
> David
>

> 2006/12/12, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Jens Jørgen Mortensen wrote:

>> > The problem was that I registered the latex-math directive in an old-
>> > fashioned way that did not work with new docutils versions.  I fixed it
>> > in svn so that it should work with both old and new versions.  I also
>> > changed the name of the rst2latex.py script to rst2latexmath.py.
>> >
>> I'm interested in playing with this.  I grabbed the current docutils svn,
>> but it doesn't seem to work:
>> rst2latex.py README.txt > stuff
>> README.txt:1: (ERROR/3) Unknown interpreted text role "latex-math".
>>
>> .. default-role:: latex-math
>>
>> I don't know anything about rest or docutils, any hints?

OK, so the installation procedure is:

1) svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/docutils/trunk docutils
2) ( cd docutils/docutils; python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py
install )
3) cd sandbox/jensj/latex_math/; sudo install *.py /usr/bin

I was a bit confused by the doc
docutils/sandbox/jensj/latex_math/README.txt, which says
"The plug-in adds..."

So I'm looking around the docutils install directory for a place to install
plugins.  I guess that's not the correct procedure.