[SciPy-dev] Hello, patch submmited, user to log in trac

Antonio Arauzo Azofra arauzo at decsai.ugr.es
Tue Apr 18 09:20:18 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

I just started using Scipy some weeks ago, and I have found it very useful.

I have seen you are reviewing stats. I have tried some statistical tests
i am used to, and I found a bug in friedmanchisquare at stats.py.
A patch is subbmitted to fix the bug in trac. It is obvious the old code
had a bug because variable "data" was not used after calculating it. I
have tested the fixed function with data from tests done elsewhere and
it works ok.

friendmanchisquare() still lacks from tie handling. This does not affect
to test reliability, but it does affect to the test power. I can prepare
a patch for that too.

Unintentinaly I have changed the type of the ticket from review to
defect. Is it right because it is a defect, or should we change it again
to review? Should I have filed the patch anywhere else?

Can you create a user for me in trac? I hope I can help developing in
future.

Thanks for all.

--
All the best,