[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse + umfpack + system_info

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Apr 10 09:24:36 EDT 2006

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> Nils Wagner wrote:
>
>> Robert Cimrman wrote:
>>
>>> $ nm -gA /usr/lib/lib* 2> /dev/null | grep e_wsfe
>>> /usr/lib/libblas.a:xerbla.o:         U e_wsfe
>>> /usr/lib/libf2c.a:sfe.o:00000130 T e_wsfe
>>> /usr/lib/liblapack.a:dlamch.o:         U e_wsfe
>>> /usr/lib/liblapack.a:slamch.o:         U e_wsfe
>>> /usr/lib/liblapack.a:xerbla.o:         U e_wsfe
>>>
>>> so apparently this symbol comes from the f2c library and is used
>>> within blas/lapack. Did you specify correctly which BLAS should be
>>> used when building and installing umfpack? BTW, if you have matlab and
>>> build the umfpack matlab interace which comes along, you could try if
>>> umpfack itself works from the matlab command-line.
>>>
>>> r.
>>>

>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Please find attached my Make.linux.
>>
>> # 3: with Fortran interface to the ATLAS BLAS
>> CONFIG =
>> LIB = -L/usr/local/lib/atlas -lf77blas -latlas -lfrtbegin -lg2c -lm
>>

>> Is that o.k. ?
>>

> Well, I don't know :). But the following works for me:
>
> # 2: with the ATLAS C-BLAS (http://www.netlib.org/atlas).
> CONFIG = -DCBLAS -I/usr/include/atlas
> LIB = -lcblas -latlas -lm
>
> - it all depends on how yout ATLAS installation looks.
>
> r.

Hi Robert,

Indeed, it works fine with #2. I have added a directory
/usr/local/include/atlas
and copied all header files from my ATLAS installation in that directory.

# 2: with the ATLAS C-BLAS (http://www.netlib.org/atlas).
CONFIG = -DCBLAS -I/usr/local/include/atlas
LIB = -L/usr/local/lib/atlas -lcblas -latlas -lm

Thank you very much.

                        Nils