[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse + umfpack + system_info

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Thu Apr 6 07:32:59 EDT 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:
> Robert Cimrman wrote:
>
> Ok I will try it. BTW, is it possible to add a site.cfg to the svn tree ?
> Anyway I have to replace  <UMFPACKv4.4_root> by my local settings.
> Do you agree ?
>
> Nils
>
> [umfpack]
> library_dirs = <UMFPACKv4.4_root>/UMFPACK/Lib:<UMFPACKv4.4_root>/AMD/Lib
> include_dirs = <UMFPACKv4.4_root>/UMFPACK/Include
> umfpack_libs = umfpack, amd

Yes, you should replace <UMFPACKv4.4_root>, but the version 4.6 can have
  other directory structure, so you might need to replace more to
specify where libumfpack.a and libamd.a actually are.

I doubt that having a site.cfg in the SVN would be useful (people's
configurations differ), but what about adding site.cfg.example where all
available sections and relevant fields would be listed, e.g.

[umfpack]
library_dirs = <location of libumfpack.a and libamd.a>
include_dirs = <location of umfpack.h>
umfpack_libs = umfpack, amd

Or should this go to the Wiki?

r.