[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse + umfpack + system_info

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Tue Apr 4 06:32:02 EDT 2006

On 29/03/2006, at 4:54 PM, Robert Cimrman wrote:

> Ed Schofield wrote:
>> Okay, I've now figured out that the umfpack hooks need NumPy
>> distutils
>>> = r2286.  But the get_info() call in umfpack/setup.py still isn't
>> acknowledging that umfpack exists.  It should find it from the scipy
>> source tree, right?  Do you have any hints?
>
> Well, the umfpack sources are not in the scipy source tree - there
> is just my wrapper/module code there. I did it this way, because
> even if the license of the version 4.4 (which is known to work with
> the module) is (imho) acceptable for scipy, the curent version
> (4.6) is under LGPL...

I've run some small tests and the UMFPACK wrappers seems to work
fine.  Well done, Robert!  Well done to Pearu too for his help with
distutils.

I've added some small unit tests in linsolve/umfpack/tests/
test_umfpack2.py, including two that are commented out because I
can't figure out how to disable umfpack with the useUmfpack
variable.  Could you please check this, Robert?

-- Ed