[SciPy-dev] Absoft and current versions

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Sep 19 12:28:51 EDT 2005

I finally decided that building scipy with the Absoft compiler, which I
have a perfectly good license for, is preferred to dropping back to FC3
on several machines already running FC4.  I've put a patch up on the
scipy.org Bug Tracker for absoftfcompiler.py from scipy_distutils for
Absoft Version 9.0.  After this fix, I can verify that "python
fcompiler.py config_fc --verbose" in scipy_core/scipy_distutils lists
the correct switches and lists absoft as an available compiler on my system.

However, after

python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=absoft build

in the main scipy directory (current svn checkout) I see from the output
that scipy is still being built with g77.  Where might this problem be?