[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:15:16 EDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>The problem is why does the configure step in distutils find an isnan
>>function when it apparently is not there?
>>
>>This is a Python distutils function we are calling.    Have you verified
>>whether or not isnan and isinf are available on Solaris?
>>

>Well, the math.h file in /usr/include has a definition of isnan but not
>isinf.  There is an isinf function defined in sunmath.h but that header
>does not seem to get picked up by distutils.

O.K.  this sounds like isinf is not getting picked up then even though
isnan is there.

I've added a separate check for isinf that should help.

Back to the vectorize problem.  Do you have gdb installed on Solaris?

Can you run the code under gdb (or another debugger) to determine
exactly where the bus error is occurring?

Thanks,

-Travis