[SciPy-dev] scipy_core Solaris Build: Good and Bad News

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Oct 20 13:33:17 EDT 2005

Christopher Hanley wrote:

>The good news is that I can now build the latest newcore version on
>Solaris with no modifications to the config.h or setup.py files.

O.K. we are making progress.   Does your config.h file
contain HAVE_ISNAN?

We are assuming that if you have the isnan function, then you have the
isinf function as well.   Can you check on your system to see if that is
the case?  Try man isinf   and man isnan from the command line.   Or do
a google search on your platform type or check your system documentation

Perhaps this assumption is not justified and isinf must be detected
independently.

-Travis