[SciPy-dev] Most tests pass now in full scipy.

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 20 03:12:48 EDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
>A few modifications to f2py (to update the flags after lazy transposing,
>and to allow array scalars to be used in complex conversions ---
>necessary because sadly there is no PyNumber_Complex function in Python).
>
>These modifications, plus an enhancement to the C-API
>
>PyArray_ScalarAsCtype(PyObject *scalar, void *ctypeptr)
>
>seems to make many of the tests pass.
>
>I'm not sure where the 64-bit fixes stand.  I know many have been made.
>I'd like to see more reports.
>
>-Travis

>>> scipy.base.__version__
'0.4.3.1326'

scipy.test(1) results in only one error. Great.

ERROR: check_nils (scipy.linalg.matfuncs.test_matfuncs.test_logm)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/tests/test_matfuncs.py",
line 82, in check_nils
    logm((identity(7)*3.1+0j)-a)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/matfuncs.py", line
233, in logm
    errest = norm(expm(F)-A,1) / norm(A,1)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py",
line 254, in norm
    x = asarray_chkfinite(x)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/base/function_base.py",
line 204, in asarray_chkfinite
    raise ValueError, "Array must not contain infs or nans."
ValueError: Array must not contain infs or nans.

Ran 386 tests in 1.376s

FAILED (errors=1)

Nils