[SciPy-dev] newscipy segfaults fixed!

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Oct 18 15:03:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The segfaults in newcore hava now a fix in SVN. Currently scipy.test()
>> gives more than 200 errors, but they should go away as soon as newscipy
>> packages have been ported to newcore.
>
> Did you find a fix for the PyArray_FromDims problem?    I have not had
> time to track this down, but can later.

Yes, it turns out that if a source file like fortranobject.c uses newcore,
some function must call import_array() to set PyArray_API. I did that by
introducing init_fortranobject() function that only calls import_array()
and the extension module calls init_fortranobject() from the module init
function. This was not needed in Numeric.

Hmm, may be PyArray_API should not be defined as static. Is there a reason
that PyArray_API must be defined static?

Pearu