[SciPy-dev] missing Lib/__init__.py in newscipy?

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Oct 18 14:53:18 EDT 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Darren Dale wrote:

> When I tried to test newscipy from svn, I got a segfault:
>
> from scipy import *
> Importing io to scipy
> Importing special to scipy
> Segmentation fault
>
> which I think is caused by an absent Lib/__init__.py file.

Hmm, the absence of a file should not cause a segfault.

> Lib/old__init__.py does exist, which I renamed.

There should be no Lib/__init__.py, the installed scipy/__init__.py file
comes from newcore.

If you see `Importing io to scipy` then it means you must have
already installed newcore with __init__.py. Try updating both newcore and
newscipy from ñSVN, remove old installation of scipy, reinstall newcore
and newscipy.

Pearu