[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Re: Itianum feedback]

Joe Cooper joe at enthought.com
Sat Oct 15 03:38:55 EDT 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Joe Cooper wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what's changed--I haven't touched the plone on scipy.org
>> in months, possibly years.  The actual mailman pages are up:

>> I'm sure Travis is on the list, but I've cc'ed him anyway, as he
>> probably has a better chance of knowing what's going on than anyone.
>> I'm looking into it, but I have a significant Plone barrier that
>> prevents my brain from understanding anything it does or why it does
>> it or how to fix it when it doesn't do what it's supposed to do--I
>> wouldn't give good odds on me being able to fix it.
>

> Cool, thanks: those links work fine.
>
> If nothing else, the links on

> could be fixed to point to the ones you provided above.  While on the
> subject, this would have the added benefit of taking people directly to
> the non-plone archives pages, which are a LOT easier to read (since the
> emails are not squeezed inside a box requiring horizontal scrolling on
> many screens), and load instantly (the plone pages quite often are
> agonizingly slow to load).  It would be nice (IMHO) if the search
> function gave results on the non-plone version, though that may be too
> much to ask :)
>
> Anyway, many thanks for providing a workaround.

Plone is about to get a little bit faster when I finally pull the
trigger and complete the migration to the new server (it's still
sluggish on the new 3.0 GHz and 2GB RAM box that is new.scipy.org--I
think in addition to the system upgrade, it's time to introduce
SciPy.org to Squid, I think they'd be good friends).  But it won't fix
the squeezed in problem.  It might be nicer for readers for us to bring
the SciPy style over to the Mailman pages rather than forcing mailman to
display within SciPy.org...I'll spend some time on it sometime soon.