[SciPy-dev] mtrand.c compiler warnings

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 13 11:21:42 EDT 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Compiling mtrand.c throws lots of compiler warnings. Is it safe to
> handedit mtrand.c to fix these warnings? Or should pyrex fixed to get rid
> of these warnings?

No, it's not safe to hand-edit mtrand.c . It really shouldn't even be in
the repository, but I didn't want to make Pyrex an explicit
build-dependency.

Pyrex *ought* to be fixed to get rid of these warnings, but no one has
really done the leg work to do so. None of the warnings actually matter,
though. Does the distutils compiler abstraction easily allow silencing
warnings? With gcc, you can just add -w, but people may not be using gcc.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter