[SciPy-dev] Introductions, sparse matrix support

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Oct 12 15:49:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> I have more opinions on this, scipy package organization, and What
>> Belongs In Scipy, but I think I've used up my opinion budget for the week.
>>

> I don't know,  people who contribute code get much, much larger opinion
> budgets.... ;-)
>
> We are all waiting for your insights  :-)

Indeed, I fully agree with Travis.

What Belongs In Scipy could be also stated as Who Is Maintaining What In
Scipy. If developers could state which packages they are interested in
maintaining and developing in future, that would ease making a decision
of moving certain parts in scipy either to sandbox or droping them
altogether.

And may be we should start a detailed review process for each Scipy
package to define which parts of it is state-of-art,
partly-implemented, needs-tests, old-but-working, broken, obsolute, etc.
That would also help people jumping in into scipy development process more
easily.

Pearu