[SciPy-dev] Cannot build scipy_core (newcore) on Solaris 8

Christopher Hanley chanley at stsci.edu
Fri Oct 7 16:17:50 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I am currently trying to build scipy_core on a Solaris 8 system using
the native Sun Compilers (Sun Workshop Release 6 update 2).  I have
always had difficulty with Numeric3 building on Solaris because of the
C99 library functions.  However, I was able to get around that by
commenting out tests for those functions in the the setup.py file (thank
you Travis for that hint).  Unfortunately, my standard bag of tricks is
no longer working and I am unable to get scipy_core to build at all.  I
would appreciate and tips folks could give.  I'm attaching the log file
from by recent build attempt for reference.

Thank you for your time and help,

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley