[SciPy-dev] More bugs fixed

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 04:24:29 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:

>Works for me. We could, in fact, just move scipy/stats/__init__.py to
>scipy/random.py if we're allowing "nontrivial" .py files there.

Good idea.

>I'm
>really only concerned about freeing up the scipy.stats namespace for the
>real scipy.stats, not just the base random number stuff.

Right, sounds good.

>Incidentally, what's the plan for merging the full scipy (and
>specifically scipy.linalg and scipy.fftpack) with scipy_core?

My greatly-thought-out plan ;-) is to just over-write the old with the new.

The trouble I suppose is that the interfaces do change (in keywords and
stuff) for some of the function calls in scipy's version of these things.

So, I'm not sure how to handle that.  A better solution might be to have
new names for the core sub packages.   Perhaps we should call fftpack
ffts  and linalg  linear  in the core distribution.

Then people would always know what they were caling, instead of my badly
thought out current plan.

-Travis