[SciPy-dev] newscipy sandbox

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Oct 7 03:15:28 EDT 2005

Stephen Walton wrote:

>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>Pearu Peterson wrote:
>>

>>>I am not quite finished with implementing what's behind in add_library
>>>method,
>>>

>>Well,  it worked enough to get scipy.special working in current newscipy
>>SVN.
>>

>With all due respect, and with knowledge I'm probably doing something
>wrong, I don't see how.  The last few lines of the output of "setup.py
>build" in newscipy on my system (svn revision 1297) are:

No, you're doing nothing wrong.  The add_library method is broken.
Basically, I removed the __OF__ stuff from add_library and then compiled
(building the needed libraries just fine).  When I added it back (it
built the funny-named libraries to), but now the correctly-named ones
were still there and could find. them.

So, it was an accident that I got things to build.  The add_library
method is still broken.   I'll check in my removal to newcore until
Pearu fixes things...

-Travis