[SciPy-dev] Threaded support failing

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Oct 6 18:20:19 EDT 2005

My simple threaded support must not be right as it is causing my
multi-processor system to segfault  on import scipy.  I've commented out
the defines for now, but would like to figure it out if anyone has any
ideas.

I think the problem is that I have OBJECT function loops in the same
loop as non OBJECT function loops.

Fundamentally, they need different threading support.   OBJECT function
loops really can't release the GIL, while other loops can.  Thus, I
think I'm going to have to special case the OBJECT_function loops in
order to provide suitable threading support (essentially calling a
different function for OBJECT array looping).

Can anybody else think of a better solution?

-Travis