[SciPy-dev] All tests in test_basic pass

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Oct 5 21:21:18 EDT 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> Travis Oliphant wrote:
>>

>>> With the new SVN, all tests in test_basic  pass.
>>>
>>> I think it's time for another beta release...
>>>

>> I'm getting a segfault if I try to evaluate something after I run the
>> test suite from the interpreter. E.g.
>>
> I can't reproduce this.   Darn..

This segfault seems to occur when running function_base tests:

In [1]: from scipy.test.testing import ScipyTest

In [2]: ScipyTest('scipy.base.function_base').test()
   Found 23 tests for scipy.base.function_base
   Found 0 tests for __main__
Ran 23 tests in 0.076s

OK
Segmentation fault

When enableing all checks except test_vectorize in test_function_base.py,
no segfault occure. And when disableing all checks except test_vectorize,
the segfault occurs after calling test multiple times.

In conclusion, the vectorize function seem to be the cause of these
segfaults.

Pearu