[SciPy-dev] newscipy sandbox

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Oct 5 07:01:49 EDT 2005

Hi Pearu,

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Pearu Peterson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created sandbox in newscipy and adapted scipy setup.py file
> to new scipy.distutils. At the moment the sandbox contains only
> exmplpackage that is former xxx (and updated to scipy.distutils) and
> should serve as an example scipy package.
> So, currently installed scipy consists only of scipy.sandbox package.

I just installed it and the import works,
but `scipy` does not seem to contain `exmplpackage_foo_bar`:

In [3]:import scipy.sandbox.exmplpackage
In [4]:scipy.ex<TAB>
scipy.exp          scipy.expand_dims  scipy.extract

According to the doc:
    Scipy example module for developers

    This is documentation of exmplpackage.
    Provides:
      exmplpackage_foo_bar - also available in scipy name space
      foo_gun
      yyy.fun

So I would expect this to work - am I missing something?

Best, Arnd