[SciPy-dev] frange for scipy?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Oct 5 05:10:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just did a quick check-out of the new scipy_core.
It looks *very* nice  (many thanks Travis!!) -
what I like in particular is that `zeros` now takes
an optional `fortran` parameter (this is to  set up
the array in fortran ordering in memory, right?).

As quite a few of Fernandos routines from IPython.numutils
seem to be incorporated, there is one which I'd love to see as well:
  IPython.numutils.frange(xini, xfin=None, delta=None, **kw)
to generate an array of floats with a specified number of elements.

Best, Arnd