[SciPy-dev] Build of newcore on macosX and with mingw32

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Oct 4 13:25:39 EDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jörgen Stenarson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build newcore on macosx using python 2.4 from darwinports.
>
> I have checked out: http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy_core/branches/newcore
>
> but after a while the build fails while compiling the umath module.
>
> The first line after issuing the build command says:
> Not loaded: Are you running from the source directory?
> is this expected?

Yes. Because you're running from the source directory:)

> any ideas what the problem can be?
> gcc: build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:56: error: static declaration of
> 'acoshf' follows non-static declaration
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:61: error: static declaration of
> 'asinhf' follows non-static declaration
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:66: error: static declaration of
> 'atanhf' follows non-static declaration
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:56: error: static declaration of
> 'acoshf' follows non-static declaration
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:61: error: static declaration of
> 'asinhf' follows non-static declaration
> build/src/scipy/base/src/umathmodule.c:66: error: static declaration of
> 'atanhf' follows non-static declaration

Could you send the contects of build/src/scipy/base/config.h?

What happens if you add

#define HAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC_FLOAT

to build/src/scipy/base/config.h? The code probably builds then.
Then it's not clear to me why

   kws_args = {'libraries':libs,'decl':0,'headers':['math.h']}
   config_cmd.check_func('atanhf', **kws_args)

fails in your platform when atanhf seems to be available.

Pearu