[SciPy-dev] Always including lapack_lite and blas_lite in sdist

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Sat Oct 1 23:56:58 EDT 2005

Eric Firing noticed a problem with the newcore setup.py script in that
the blas_lite and lapack_lite files are missing.    This is because, on
my system, I used blas and so didn't compile those.

I'm wondering how we can detect in the setup.py file that an sdist
command has been issued and so include the blas_lite and lapack_lite
files even if somebody has atlas installed.

Does somebody know how to tell what command was run when we are inside a
configuration?

-Travis