[SciPy-dev] sparse matrix support status

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Wed Nov 23 15:44:27 EST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 3:10 AM, Robert Cimrman wrote:

> Jonathan Guyer wrote:
>> I've finally done some benchmarking of scipy.sparse and PySparse and
>> posted my results and comments on plone[*]:
>>
>>      <http://www.scipy.org/wikis/featurerequests/SparseSolvers>
>>
>> Bottom line is that, with a couple of exceptions, PySparse is both
>> faster and less memory intensive than SciPy. I don't know whether
>> anything can be lifted from PySparse to improve SciPy's
>> implementation.
>
> Thanks for your 'great sparse shoot-out'! Just a little note: the link
> in the section discussing update_add_at() does not work for me (PAGE
> NOT
> FOUND).

Thanks. Sloppy markup (the trailing period got included) combined with
an inexplicably missing '?'.
I've checked all the links now (and for anybody who checked shortly
after my announcement, I've fixed by previously sloppy markup such that
the majority of the links now appear at all).

--
Jonathan E. Guyer, PhD
Metallurgy Division