[SciPy-dev] patch: allow arrayobject.h to compile in c++ compiler

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 22 13:47:04 EST 2005

Andrew Straw wrote:
> Sorry, my mistake! It turns out that OpenProducer (part of
> OpenSceneGraph) must do "typedef int Bool", and so this, combined with
> arrayobject.h's "typedef undefined char Bool" results in the
> "redeclaration of int" compiler error.  So, you're right, Bool is not
> defined in C++, and its probaby safest to remove my patch.  But would it
> make sense to rename Bool to ScipyBool or something less likely to
> defined in other source?

OK, my bad again.  I'll stop trying to be useful with low-level parts of the
code I'm not truly intimately familiar with.  Two tries, two mistakes, one too
many.

I'll make it up by working on numerical code I can actually do something
useful with.  I'll try to contribute something for fitting, the included
polyfit is nice but numerically less uniform in error and stable (due to
condition issues) than a Chebyshev-based fit.  There's also the lingering
issue of numerically stable evaluation of polyval()...  I'll find something to
pay for my mistakes with :)

Apologies...

Cheers,