[SciPy-dev] how to help scipy development?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Nov 17 12:59:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Mark Koudritsky wrote:

> On 11/17/05, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:
> > I am not sure how feasible it is to make a copy of
> > the ReSt from the wiki into core/scipy/doc/
> > for each release/change/...
>
> In the case of Moin wiki a page URL with "?action=print" gives the
> page without all the side bars footers and headers - just plain HTML
> of tpage.
> So, I think, it can be easily done with something like
>
> wget http://www.scipy.org/Wiki/Contribute/?action=print
> mv ....  ... core/scipy/doc/Contribute.html
>
> somewhere in the script for building the release.
> Similar strategy can be used for many doc files in the release.

That's nice! And with

http://astraw.com/scipy/moin.fcg/HelpOnParsers/ReStructuredText?action=raw

one gets the raw text of a page.
See
  http://astraw.com/scipy/moin.fcg/HelpOnActions
for more actions.

Concerning restructured text, which I like a lot,
one has to embed the page with
{{{
#!rst

}}}

At least on http://astraw.com/scipy/moin.fcg/ArndBaecker
it did not work with #!rst at the beginning only.

Best,

Arnd