[SciPy-dev] tests for scipy.integrate

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Wed Nov 16 18:18:58 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I am not familiar with writing tests. However I have attached a small
> example,
> where a closed form solution is available. It's a second order system.
>
> Please let me know if it is useful.

Yes, thank you!  I've committed it.  I chose 1e-6 fairly arbitrarily
for the residual (because it was larger than on my machine).
Scipy.integrate now has a single test.  Keep them coming! :)

If you have any more time to construct other tests (and that would be
great), you could examine the new file test_integrate.py (or the
other test_*.py files) and try modifying it.  If you want to set a
breakpoint in the file you could try my primitive way: insert

import pdb
pdb.set_trace()

at the relevant place.  Then re-build, re-install, and re-run the
test.  You shouldn't need to remove the build dir to pick up changes in
unit tests.

If you post a 'diff' of your new test_integrate.py file (or any others) to
this mailing list I'm sure we'll snap it up :)

-- Ed