[SciPy-dev] scipy.linalg.eig() returns transposed eigenvector matrix

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Tue Nov 15 06:41:52 EST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

>Fernando Perez wrote:
>

>>If I may suggest, I think these two should be unified, though.  It will be
>>seriously disconcerting for new users to find that
>>

>If the two are to be unified, I think scipy.basic should change.  But,
>that leads to a problem because of compatibility with Numeric.
>
>So, what to do?

Is there actually a use for the row-wise definition?  If so, how about
calling it roweig()?  This would be an easy change for the conversion
script to handle or, if it's well documented, for people to make
themselves along with changing import statements, etc.

This could be done with or without a warning call like Fernando suggested.

-- Ed