[SciPy-dev] patch for arraymethod.c and new segfault in masked arrays

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Sat Nov 12 20:31:00 EST 2005

Here's a patch that reverts some of the changes made in revision 1471. I
was getting segfaults because arraymethods.c's _ARET() macro assumes its
input is PyArrayObject*, whereas in these cases it's simply PyObject*.

But now I'm getting segfaults in a new spot: masked arrays.

I'm enclosing the patch and the gdb session for the masked array
segfault. I haven't pursued the masked array segfault any further. (In
case it matters, this is on a linux AMD64 system.)