[SciPy-dev] newcore atlas info on Gentoo

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Fri Nov 11 15:16:14 EST 2005

Darren Dale wrote:

>Well, in my case, editing site.cfg alone does not work, because my fortran
>blas libraries are named "blas" instead of "f77blas". system_info.py has
>"f77blas" hardcoded in several places...

Only in the parts related to ATLAS, because the ATLAS-generated BLAS
libraries are named this.  I deliberately moved my libf77blas.a and
libcblas.a to a place where distutils doesn't look, and did a "touch
/usr/lib/libblas.a" to produce a bogus BLAS library.  "python
system_info.py" then produces, in part:

blas_info:
( library_dirs = /usr/local/lib:/opt/lib:/usr/lib )
( paths: /usr/lib/libblas.a )
( library_dirs = /usr/local/lib:/opt/lib:/usr/lib )
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77

Is your libblas.a in a different directory than the three listed as
"library_dirs" up there?  If so, you can change that too in site.cfg.