[SciPy-dev] Some Feedback

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Nov 9 21:27:53 EST 2005

Jonathan Taylor wrote:

>On another note, and in the hopes of not offending anyone, I should
>mention that when I visited the scipy web site I thought it was dead.
>Luckily I tracked down the mailing lists.  I was happy to see the lists
>have been on fire and the project is very much alive.  It seems likely
>that others jumped to the same conclusion at first and moved on.

The scipy website is a problem.  Currently it's a Plone site that is
theoretically supposed to be modifiable by the community.   There are
two problems with it:

1) Most people have not absorbed the Zen of Plone yet, and so
modifications to the site don't happen as they could/should.

2) Editing the site becomes painfully slow as Plone starts to use up
lots of memory.

Result:  scipy site is more static then it should be.

Any help in the web-site area would be very useful.

-Travis