[SciPy-dev] Problem building newcore on windows with MinGW

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Wed Nov 9 14:02:01 EST 2005

Brett Olivier wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm trying to build yesterdays newcore on Windows (ATLAS 3.7.11, MinGW gcc
>3.4.4) and distutils does not seem to recognise the --compiler=mingw32 switch
>anymore:
>
>++++

You need to use the --compiler=mingw32 switch for the config command as
well:

python setup.py config --compiler=mingw32 build --compiler=mingw32

There may be a way we can fix this in the setup.py script (so that one
compiler switch gets applied to all the commands, but it hasn't been
done yet).

-Travis