[SciPy-dev] Segmenation fault in flapack.zgesdd

Manuel Metz mmetz at astro.uni-bonn.de
Wed May 18 05:02:12 EDT 2005

Strange behavior for me (Debian Linux (sid), Python 2.3.5, SciPy 0.3.2,
Numeric 23.8, Atlas 3.6.0):

Result of first call:
:~/temp> python test_zgesdd.py
Exception in thread Thread-1 (most likely raised during interpreter
shutdown):
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/threading.py", line 422, in run
   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rpy.py", line 119, in r_eventloop
exceptions.AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'release'
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

Second call:
~/temp> python test_zgesdd.py
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

I get the second message several times, however not reproducible.
Sometimes the script finished without any error message. The same for
python2.4.1. I saw this "threading problem" several times on my box...
This seems to be rpy related...

Manuel

--
  Manuel Metz