[SciPy-dev] implementing IDL, Matlab, etc. functionality

Prasan Samtani prasansamtani at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:35:57 EDT 2005

> whereas Python is quite modern.  Matlab users may benefit from
> encountering a Matlab-compatible fuzzy logic interface, but IDL users
> certainly don't.  It would be much better for them to learn the OO

Point well taken. Over the last week or so, I've found deficencies in
the MatLab Fuzzy logic toolkit. Let's say I'll start off with building
a FuzzyLogic API that provides the necessary functionality - and then
worry about creating an interface that MatLab users would find
intuitive (and yet different enough that we don't run into any legal
risks).

--Prasan